Coaching in Volleyball NSW
Volleyball NSW is committed to the ongoing growth and development of our coaching community. Coaching courses offer formal education recognised by Volleyball Australia and enable further opportunity in the wider volleyball community.
Leading the way for Women in Coaching
Hear from one of our favourite Coaches, Britney Carlson, about her experience coaching volleyball from Spikeroos to her first time on tour with NSW Phoenix. Britney coaches’ volleyball because she loves the sport, she says:
“it’s a great way to meet new friends, connect with other people, stay active and get involved with community… I love working with the younger age groups, it’s a really exciting time for them, especially when they are just starting their volleyball journey, I love to see them fall in love with the game”.
Whether you're a seasoned coach or a beginner starting out, if you have a passion for volleyball (and want to earn some money), we have something for you. Find out about our Coaching opportunities, we have programs that cater to all levels, from beginner to advanced, across locations in Sydney and Regional NSW. Click the link to find out more information.
Upcoming Level 2 coaching course >>> TBA
If you share our passion for coaching and aspire to enhance your skills, we invite you click the button to fill out the EOI form and let us know what opportunities you're seeking and when you're available.
Prior coaching experience is not necessary, but a strong commitment and passion for our sport is!
All accreditations are managed through Volleyball Australia's new Accreditation Portal. Use this portal to view, apply for, upgrade and renew your coach accreditation.
All coach accreditations are recognised for both indoor and beach volleyball disciplines.
Refer to the graph below for the minimum coaching accreditation required to participate in the various programs offered through the VNSW community.
For accreditation to remain valid, ALL coaches must maintain:
- A minimum VNSW Technical Membership. Membership expires annually on the 31st of March and must be renewed.
- Play By The Rules “Child Protection” And “Harassment & Discrimination” modules. These are free online courses on the Sport Integrity Australia e-learning hub. These expire every 24 months and must be renewed.
- Volleyball Australia Coach’s Code of Behaviour. A new form must be submitted when reaching a new accreditation level, or when renewing accreditation.
- An NSW Working with Children Check if working with children under the age of 18. This must be renewed with the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian every 5 years.
Submit all forms through the Accreditation Portal
|Volleyball Australia Level 1 Coach Accreditation & certificate, valid for 24 months.
|Candidates must complete all assessment tasks within 6 months of registration for the VA Level 1 Coach course
|Volleyball Australia Level 2 Coach Accreditation & certificate, valid for 48 months
|Candidates must complete all assessment tasks within 12 months of participation in the VA Level 2 Coach course
Upcoming Course Dates
Courses for 2023 will be announced soon.
Volleyball Australia Level 3 Coach Accreditation & certificate, valid for 48 months
|Candidates must complete all assessment tasks within 12 months of participation in the VA Level 3 Coaching course
|Upcoming Course Dates
Applications for renewal are submitted through the Volleyball Australia Accreditation Portal.
|Extension of the validity period of a Level 2 or Level 3 accreditation by 48 months
|Candidates must complete all tasks prior to their accreditation expiring. If accreditation has expired, coaches become ineligible to participate in VNSW & VA programs and events. Coaches are required to re-do the accreditation program or apply for Recognition of Prior Learning / Recognition of Current Competency through the Accreditation Portal. Special leave considerations (e.g. maternity leave, leave related to employment, etc.) are available and should be discussed with the VNSW Education Coordinator.
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning / Recognition of Current Competency are managed through the Accreditation Portal.
RPL/RCC is the acknowledgment of skills and knowledge obtained through formal training, work experience, and/or life experience, with the aim of identifying and assessing previously acquired skills and knowledge pertinent to the competencies of a particular level of accreditation. RPL/RCC enables applicants to either obtain accreditation or gain credit for a particular module of an accreditation program.
- FIVB Coaches Manual I
- FIVB Coaches Manual I (mobile)
- FIVB Coaches Manual II
- Top Volley Manual
- Volleyball Australia Coaching Manual
- FIVB Beach Volleyball Drill Book
- Beach Volleyball Drill Videos
- Strength and Conditioning Essentials
- Volleyball Australia Coach Education Development Program
- Volleyball Australia Level 1 Online Coach Course
- Intermediate Coaching General Principles
- Sport AUS Community Coaching General Principles Course
- Level 2 Coach Log Sheet & Training & Match assessment forms
- Level 3 Coach Log Sheet & Training & Match assessment forms
- Recognised Assessors for Level 2 and Level 3 Coach Assessments